Microscopic X-ray computed tomography (micro-CT) is an advanced imaging technique that generates high-resolution 3D images of small biological samples ranging in size from 0.5 mm to several centimetres, including tissue biopsies and bones. Compared to conventional CT scans, micro-CT is capable of producing images with much finer details using smaller detectors. It is highly valuable for biologists as it enables the quantitative study of the internal structure and composition of small biological samples in 3D at micron resolution. Micro-CT is non-invasive, and thus combines well with other modalities in multimodal correlative workflows. It can be used for screening of paraffin- and resin-embedded specimens prior to sectioning.
In addition to routine applications, our services include spectral micro-CT imaging (microscopic dual energy CT) and in line phase contrast tomography.
– Bone phenotying & measurements
– Quantification of tumor volume
– Imaging of vertebrates and invertebrates for comparative and functional morphological analyses
– Imaging of clinical veterinary samples (tumors, orthopedic samples)
– Imaging of embedded samples